Let me tell you about Alex and her daughter Chloe
I sat with Alex a few weeks ago in her apartment in Minneapolis. Alex and her daughter Chloe* receive our weekend bags of food, and I was meeting with Alex to learn more about their experience with our program.
Alex shared with me Chloe’s love for art and the joy they feel when playing outside together. Chloe is going into third grade and her art lined the top of the walls across the whole apartment. Alex’s love for Chloe was heartwarming.
I asked Alex what has been most helpful about receiving The Sheridan Story bags of food. Her answer was heartbreaking.
“Sometimes your bag of food is the only thing in our home.”
Families in our community like Alex and Chloe are why The Sheridan Story exists. Alex’s testimonial reflects the results of our year-end survey in which 99% of families said receiving our bags of food resulted in their family being better supported.
Click here for full survey results.
So, here’s the deal. I don't like sending out emails requesting donations. I really don't. However, we plan to distribute around 100,000 bags of food this year, and we need your financial support to continue serving families like Alex and Chloe.
Please consider - is our mission to fight child hunger a passion of yours? If so, please donate to continue our impact on local kids and families – our neighbors.
I am truly grateful for your partnership,
P.S. You can easily donate on our website by clicking here. Please do so today as we are already buying food and getting ready for this school year. Thank you!
*Names changed for privacy
Additional easy ways to donate:
- Payroll / United Way
- Designate The Sheridan Story as the recipient of your donation through your paycheck. Many employers use the United Way for their payroll donations, but yours may use another organization.
- Employer Match
- Many employers will match employee donations to non-profits, sometimes you can even set up automatic donations through your paycheck.
- Thrivent Choice
- Contact your Thrivent Representative and designate your earned dollars.
- Amazon Smile
- When shopping on Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and designate The Sheridan Story to receive 0.5% of your purchase price.
- Sustaining Partner
- For as little as a few lattes a month, you can help provide us with a consistent base of support.
Additional ways to get involved:
- We need volunteers so we can pack the thousands of bags of food that we give to the kids. Slots are open for next school year!
- Food drive / Fundraiser
- Your church, office, club, etc. can hold a food drive and/or fundraiser to both raise awareness about the issue and support our mission.
- Know of a community group that may want to sponsor a school? Sponsors are one of the most important components of our programs.