SPONSOR A SCHOOL
The single most significant way you can fight child hunger is by working with your church, company, synagogue, mosque, club, etc. to sponsor a school in the Twin Cities. The Sheridan Story is an ever-growing network of weekend food programs operating in multiple schools. Each of our schools is sponsored by a group in the community - this is the key component in each of our programs.
If your organization chooses to sponsor a school, you can expect to:
- own the relationship with the school
- provide funding for a portion of the cost of the program in the school
- provide volunteers to distribute food directly to the children at school
The Sheridan Story provides the operational expertise and logistical management for each program, freeing up your organization to do what you want to do – give food to hungry kids and develop a relationship with a school.
The Sheridan Story will work with you along the way, advising where you need us to. We’ll also source, manage, store, package, and deliver the food for your partner school’s program.
Basically, we make it easier for your organization to feed hungry kids by removing many of the logistical obstacles that may be stopping you from launching a weekend food program. This approach has already proven to bring many new partners into the fight against child hunger. We hope you consider sponsoring a school.
What our current Sponsors think:
- "Our people are happy to give to The Sheridan Story. It feels real and tangible and local."
- "You make it so easy! Thank you for handling the logistics of the program, it's so refreshing!"
- "Our group is very willing to put in the time and are dedicated to the cause. The teachers are always so gracious and helpful when they see us."
- "Our volunteer work at the school definitely helps us better understand the needs of the community."
- "Such a blessing to be able to help kids with a basic need of food."
- "The experience has been eye opening for many volunteers - they didn't understand that a "wealthy" community such as ours would also be dealing with this type of issue."
- "When we heard about The Sheridan Story, it made sense to us to participate in this collaborative effort, along with the school and another church, because we could accomplish so much more together than any of us could on our own."
- "When we became aware of the need that The Sheridan Story was committed to fulfilling, we quickly made up our mind to help as best we could. Our team jumped at the opportunity to serve the community via our partnership with The Sheridan Story. Within a matter of hours, we filled our first four volunteer commitments. Those that have participated already, are anxious to keep coming back."